Child development refers to the sequence of physical, language, thought and emotional changes that occur in a child from birth to the beginning of adulthood. In today’s digital era, where parents are busy with their office work, children spend their time on the internet, thus hardly getting any physical activity. Hence, they become lousy and a bit weak when working, which needs physical strength. Children are naive at their early age, and parents need to teach and feed them right away.
Here are the 10 most important things you can do for child development:
1.Nutrition is a must
Nutrition plays a crucial role in a child’s growth. Lack of food causes a lack of energy which leads to a lack of interest. Undernutrition also affects the physical development of a child.
Keeping a balanced diet for a healthy lifestyle should be followed from an early stage.
- Protein – Meat, fish, eggs, nuts, beans, and said products.
- Carbohydrates – bread, cereals, rice, potatoes.
- Fats – dairy products, meat, etc.
- Calcium – milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, egg yolks, etc.
- Iron- red meat, shellfish, whole grains, beans, nuts, etc.
- Fiber – seeds, nuts, whole grain cereals
- Vitamin A – carrots, sweet potato, broccoli, cabbage, egg yolks, fish oil, etc.
- Vitamin C – tomatoes, potatoes, strawberries, melons, mangoes, papayas
2.Develop an understanding
Initiate conversations about anything like what games they like to play? Or is there someone they fear? or what’s their favorite food?. Such discussions make children talk about how they feel or what ideas and questions they have about life. While having a conversation about how they think, do mention your thoughts and feelings too. This way, both parties will learn to listen and understand each other’s thoughts and feelings.
3.Make learning fun
Children in their early-stage (initial five years) are so naive and sharp that they can learn anything and everything they find interesting, and one can make anything fun through games. You can make them learn things through play. For, e.g.:-
- Jumbo Bananagrams – while playing this game, children learn to put letters in order while singing the ABC song, sort letters by composition, find matching letters.
- Raccoon Rumpus – it’s excellent for maths! Children find the Raccoon Rumpus very fascinating. While dressing the raccoon in the costumes, children learn the colors, counting, and matching.
- The Bug game – it’s perfect for science learning where players match insects halves to form a bug and learn about classification, features of insects, etc.
- River, Roads, and Rails – this game helps learn transportation systems, maps, colors as it has 140 colorful cards, which are used to create a transportation system by matching the pieces of rail, roads, and rivers. Children end up creating unique maps after each play.
4.Express your affection
Love is a healer, and sometimes parents have to get a little strict on their children if they disobey, but you should monitor those harsh actions as they have a long-term effect on young minds. Try to explain things more peacefully and softly. Do tell them that you love them and spend quality time with your children. This will lead to a stronger bond.
5.Provide a clean, safe, and a healthy environment
Basic hygiene is necessary, and making your children understand the pros and cons about it is crucial, like brushing your teeth twice a day, bath daily, wear dry and clean clothes, wash your hands before and after a meal, etc. A safe and sound environment is a need for every growing child. In fact, even young children get affected if their family is going under some stressful situation it stresses their sensitive minds.
Make your children explore new things in life and let them decide what interests them the most. Make music with them, dance with them, tell them short stories about your life experiences and discoveries, travel to new places, and discuss culture and traditions. This will help them in developing their personality and what they want to be.
7.Develop solid moral values
Children are generally attracted to bad companies and get bullied by older children. To avoid such a situation, you as a parent have a job to build solid moral values and self-esteem where they understand what’s good for them and make others know where they are going wrong.
8.Be wise on schooling
Choose quality education for your children. It’s every parent’s responsibility to provide their children with expensive quality education. Choose the best school for your child which will guide them. Suggest but don’t impose your thoughts on your children. When they cannot meet your expectations and never pressurize them for good marks instead of encouraging them to gain knowledge and make them participate in as many competitions as possible.
9.Let them socialize with people
Society plays a vital role in a child development. It prepares them mentally for the more extensive world to learn how to deal with different people in different situations. When a child is surrounded by excellent company (good friends), they learn alot from them. This will help them improve their communication skills, survival skills, and confidence in how to face society when they disagree with your decisions.
10.Focus more on physical activities
For a healthy lifestyle, exercise is essential. In today’s digital time, children get lost in the wide world of the internet and social media, where physical activities are neglected. It’s not only children’s fault but also parents. Young parents keep their little kids busy on the phone just to spare some time for themselves, which is not wrong, but in this way, they are making their kids addicted to screen instead make them play on the field, let them interact with other children, and play according to their will. This will help their body to grow and develop physical strength.
The Global Child Prodigy wishes you Happy Parenting.
Also read: 8 Ways To develop Empathy In Kids